Field Service Technician Job Description
Are you a self-starter who likes to get your hands dirty and show others all you know? Do you hate working behind a desk and love to see different places daily? Do you enjoy tinkering and figuring things out? Do you understand the importance of a great customer experience? Then this is the job for you.
Metalforming, Inc is fast paced, challenging, and supportive, and our goal is to provide an effortless customer experience by continuing to take care of our team and by continuing to provide world-class and innovative products to the marketplace.
Our Work Environment Includes:
- Relaxed atmosphere
- On-the-job training
- Growth opportunities
Your goal is to provide remarkable customer service by traveling to customer locations to install, service, and train customers on all MetalForming equipment.
Travel required: 80% (domestic and international)
This position works with mechanical, hydraulic, electronics, and electrical manufacturing equipment in sheet metal fabricating technology.
- Provide remarkable customer service for world-wide field installations, maintenance, and support
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and testing tasks
- Diagnose complex customer-reported equipment issues, advise, and implement remedies
- Ensure timely and proper task management to optimize customer visit
- Be an expert on our equipment
- Effectively train machine operators on part programming, control functions, machine capabilities, and safety
- Improve and maintain customer relationships and customer satisfaction
- Communicate concisely and professionally with customers in a positive manner
- Read and understand machine diagrams, drawings, schematics, etc.
- Continuously improve troubleshooting methods
- Generate accurate and detailed reports
- Work well with others and share information across the organization to achieve company goals
- Look for service issue trends and recommend improvements to management
- Follow and maintain all safety procedures and requirements
- Provide training to junior personnel
Education and Experience Requirements: This position requires a valid Drivers License and a background in electronics or machinery with a preference for CNC or PLC experience. Strong customer service skills and ability to read schematics required.
Physical Context/Work Environment: Work is typically conducted in a factory or warehouse, where you may be subject to noise, dirt, vibration, and heat. This position involves heavy lifting up to 50lbs and part manipulation. Work may be conducted in a variety of positions. This position is subject to stringent safety guidelines and wearing of personal protective equipment.
Competencies: Customer orientation, technical ability, initiative, independence