Field Service Technician Job Description
Title: Field Service Technician
Reports To: Director of Technical Services
Department: 200 Service
Date of Preparation: 19 October 2005
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary Functions: Are you a self-starter who likes to get your hands dirty and show others all you know? Then this is the job for you. You will provide remarkable customer service by traveling to customer locations to install, service, and train customers on all MetalForming equipment.
Supervision of others: None
Travel required: 80% (domestic and international)
Titles: This position reports to the Director of Technical Service who reports to the Executive Vice President
Nature and Scope: MetalForming Inc. is the North American leader in metal fabricating machinery technology. The company sells and services high-quality metal folders, shears, rollformers, and automation from the most respected manufacturers across the globe.
This position works with mechanical, hydraulic, electronics, and electrical equipment as a part of the sheet metal fabricating technology.
- Provide remarkable customer service for world-wide field installations, maintenance, and support
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and testing tasks
- Diagnose complex customer-reported equipment issues, advise, and implement remedies
- Ensure timely and proper task management optimize customer visit
- Be an expert on our equipment
- Effectively train machine operators on part programming, control functions, machine capabilities, and safety
- Improve and maintain customer relationships and customer satisfaction
- Communicate concisely and professionally with customers in a positive manner
- Read and understand machine diagrams, drawings, schematics, etc.
- Continuously improve troubleshooting methods
- Generate accurate and detailed reports
- Work well with others and share information across the organization to achieve company goals
- Look for service issue trends and recommend improvements to management
- Follow and maintain all safety procedures and requirements
- Provide training to junior personnel
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience Requirements: This position requires a valid Drivers License. This job requires a background in electronics or heavy machinery with a preference for CNC or PLC experience. Strong customer service skills and ability to read schematics required.
Physical Context/Work Environment: Work is typically conducted in a factory or warehouse, where you may be subject to noise, dirt, vibration, and heat. This position involves heavy lifting up to 80lbs and part manipulation. Work may be conducted in a variety of positions. This position is subject to stringent safety guidelines and wearing of personal protective equipment.
Competencies: Customer orientation, technical ability, initiative, independence
To apply, send resume to email@example.com.